- Martin Fowler's Microservices Resource Guide http://martinfowler.com/microservices/ https://martinfowler.com/articles/microservices.html
- Adrian Cockcroft on Microservices, Terraservices and Serverless Computing https://www.infoq.com/articles/podcast-adrian-cockcroft
- Monoliths vs. Microservices, a House of Cards analogy https://medium.com/koodoo/house-of-cards-architecture-af88c39b679f
An application based on micro services is composed of small, mostly autonomous components, that are built to offer a specific functionality. A cloud-native application is composed of multiple microservices that communicated through shared infrastructure, in most cases over HTTP/REST. The microservices architecture provides two major advantages: various components can be developed, deployed, monitored, and troubleshot independently, on a service-by-service basis, rather than dealing with the entire application. The second advantage is that a specific layer can be scaled independently by other layers.
James Lewis and Martin Fowler definition: Microservice architectural style is an approach to developing a single application as a suite of small services, each running in its own process and communicating with lightweight mechanisms, often an HTTP resource API.
- Chris Richardson's https://www.infoq.com/articles/microservices-intro
- The Hidden Dividends of Microservices https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2956643
- Pre-processed, good talk: Design Microservice Architectures the Right Way Michael Bryzek CTO of Flow Commerce https://www.infoq.com/presentations/microservices-arch-infrastructure-cd