From NovaOrdis Knowledge Base
Revision as of 02:04, 21 November 2018 by Ovidiu
- Mutate Your Code and Reveal Your True Test Coverage http://www.infoq.com/presentations/code-mutate-test
- Christian Nelson's SDForum JavaSIG presentation, Oct 6, 2009 File:Web Application Testing - Christian Nelson.pdf. Companion source code available at http://svn.carbonfive.com/public/christian/gearlist/branches/sdforum/. README file available at http://svn.carbonfive.com/public/christian/gearlist/branches/sdforum/docs/readme.txt.
- The Art of Software Testing at O'Reilly http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781118031964.do
- Testing the Endpoints of Your REST APIs https://www.infoq.com/presentations/rest-api-testing-postman
Fundamentals and Conventions
- Access classes are BAD. Write test classes to belong the same package as the tested classes, this way package private functionality can be tested even if the test classes are physically in a different location.
- A ...TestBase is an abstract class that has a protected abstract get...ToTest() method.
- If in developing a SomethingBase we want to test the base behavior at its own layer, then conventionally we should use a SomethingTestBase (and not a SomethingBaseTestBase).
- Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context-Driven Approach https://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Learned-Software-Testing-Context-Driven/dp/0471081124
- Five Factor Testing https://www.devmynd.com/blog/five-factor-testing/
- Property-based Testing http://propertesting.com