Difference between revisions of "Emotional Intelligence"
From NovaOrdis Knowledge Base
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Revision as of 14:53, 14 June 2019
- A new way to look at emotions - and how to master yours by David Robson (BBC article).
- Daniel Goleman - Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
- How Emotions Are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett
- If You Can’t Empathize with Your Employees, You’d Better Learn To by Annie McKee (HBR)
- Observing others is critical component of empathy.
- Developing empathy requires self-awareness, self-management, patience, endurance, and lots and lots of practice.
- The Critical Difference Between Sympathy And Empathy by Bryan Kramer
- Actively listen, ask questions, be curious.
- Why you should define your fears instead of your goals Tim Ferriss (TED Talk)
- Stoicism is an operating system for thriving in high stress environments and for making better decisions.
- Stoicism is useful to train yourself to separate what you can control from what you cannot control, and doing exercises to focus exclusively on the former. This reduces the emotional reactivity.
- Seneca: We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.
- Premeditatio Malorum